Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Couple of Kids

There are kids in my room. I think they are the ones making the knocking noises. I woke up to the knocking this morning, but I'm so used to it I almost just rolled over and went back to sleep. I opened my eyes as I shifted in bed and saw two translucent kids on the floor by the wall. I lay still and watched them play with some toy blocks. Every so often one of them would pick up a block and toss it against the wall, making the thumping noise I'd grown so accustomed to.

As I lay watching, I ran through a mental checklist to make sure I was actually awake. Though I could see right through the kids, their physical details were still clear. Both looked to be four or five years old, and they were clearly brothers. I thought they might even be twins, but not the identical kind. Both had short blond hair--one curly, while the other straight--and both wore blue overalls with no shirt underneath.

Once I was certain I wasn't still asleep, I sat up. Both kids looked at me for the first time and disappeared. If that wasn't strange enough, their blocks remained on the ground for a second or two longer before they, too, vanished. I sat there for a few minutes getting a feel for the room. It didn't feel any different than it had every other day of my life. I wasn't freaked out or anything, but I went downstairs in a hurry. It seemed the right thing to do.

I thought the reason I started this blog was because of the man I saw on Wednesday. Now I'm guessing it was these two kids instead. Either way it's because of ghosts. I have no doubt about that now. Unless something big happens between now and my next post, I'll tell what happened on that Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment