Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Interactive Knocks

I've woken up the past three mornings to those kids playing blocks in my bedroom. I still hear the thumps of the blocks up against the wall at all hours, but it's only in the morning right after I've opened my eyes that I see them. I don't believe they're remnants from a dream or anything like that, though I'm sure there are some out there that would argue with me.

I still feel a strange, unfriendly vibe in the house. My only guess is it comes from the man I saw last Wednesday after school. It doesn't come from the two boys. Other than my initial shock of seeing them, they haven't thrown off a feeling--be it good or bad--at all. I'd guess they were a residual haunting--like a recording--except when I sit up in bed, they look right at me and disappear. The man, though, looked creepy, especially with the blood dripping from his head. Unless there is another ghost in the house, I'm attributing it to him.

I'm feeling my life is spinning out of control when I can say that the last two days have been same ol'-same ol'. But it's true. This is as good a time as any to recount what happened that night that that made me want to start this blog.

I'd just lay down to bed when I made an off-hand remark of, "Are you going to knock all night?" I was immediately answered with a sharp knock. Now, a couple of weeks later, I'm guessing it was one of the kids throwing a block against the wall, but I can't be certain. I then asked something along the lines of, "Should I be afraid of you?" A few seconds later came two knocks. I asked if one was yes and two was no, and one sharp knock sounded. Just to be sure I asked if we were on Planet Earth, and I got another single knock. Silly, I know, but it was the best question I could come up with on the spur of the moment.

Right after that answer, the air in my room grew heavy, so much so that I had trouble breathing. That oppressive atmosphere lasted only seconds, but it left me gasping for breath. Once I got myself under control, I asked the presence if it was still there, but I got no answer. I tried a few more times, but still nothing. I almost got up and went downstairs to the living room to sleep on the couch, but I forced myself to brave it out. Nothing else happened that night. The knocking returned sometime after midnight, but it wouldn't interact with me anymore. That night got my attention in a big way, and I knew I needed to keep track of my experiences for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment