Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Dream

I had a dream last night. I know, I know, how often have you heard that? But I don't think this was a regular dream. I think the ghosts actually invaded my subconscious and made me watch their little show. Even though I felt a bit violated, I at least now know a bit of the history of what happened.

I don't remember what, if anything, I was dreaming about before it started. All I remember was sitting on the floor of my room. I couldn't decide why it was so different, as it felt right to me. I wanted to look around to figure it out, but I couldn't focus. I had toys to play with. The small wooden blocks were my favorite. I built little towers and delighted when they toppled down.

My brother had fun with the blocks, too. I looked over at him and knew he belonged. I both knew him and didn't and wanted a good look, but the blocks wouldn't be ignored. I built them up, they toppled down, and some struck the wall. The thumping sound captured my imagination. My brother's, too, by the looks of it. I picked up a block and tossed it at the wall. My brother and I smiled at each other. He picked up the next block and hurled it at the wall. We both squealed, though as far as I could tell, we didn't make a sound.

This went on for a few minutes, and neither of us showed any signs of slowing down. The bedroom door banged open, and the angry ghost, who made my mind flash to "Dad," burst into the room. My brother and I opened our mouths and belted out screams, though no noise registered with me. The angry ghost, though at this moment I knew he wasn't a ghost, brandished a large butcher knife. He slashed at my brother, who fell back in a spray of blood. He then lunged at me, and that's when I woke up.

Needless to say I didn't spend much time in my room today. I could only guess I now knew why the kids are here. An abrupt end tends to trap spirits. Now, as I type this, I check my door every time I hear a knocking on the wall just to be sure the angry ghost doesn't burst in. I really might sleep on the couch downstairs tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment