Friday, April 10, 2009

It Started With Some Knocks

I'm starting this blog because something strange is going on. I want to say my house is haunted, but I know from watching shows like Ghost Hunters that most of that stuff can be disproved. I'm going to keep notes here in case it really is anything supernatural. At least I'll have a list of things that have happened, and maybe someone out in cyberspace can tell me what's going on.

I thought at first my sisters were messing with me since our rooms share a wall. One night a few weeks back I'd hear a sharp knock on the wall every so often. The next morning I asked them what they were doing. Both said they had no idea what I was talking about. When they said that, my thoughts immediately jumped to the idea that they were trying to put one over on me. Not that it was something they usually tried, but practical jokes aren't unheard of in my family.

The next night the knocking started again. I snuck over to my sisters' room to catch them in the act. It was just after two in the morning, so I tiptoed. No need to alert anyone, especially my mom and dad, that I was out of bed. I stood in front of their door for a minute until I heard another knock from my room. As quiet and quick as I could, I pushed their door open. Both were sound asleep in their beds on the wall opposite the one we shared. There was no way either of them could have done it, and a glance around gave me no other explanations.

Two days later I found myself home alone. I snuck into my sisters' room to try and find something that might occasionally thump against the wall. No luck. I double checked my room and still had no answers. My best guess was that it was probably pipes or the house settling or something like that. Over the next few nights I pretty much got used to the occasional knock. It wasn't until the middle of the next week--about a week and a half ago--that I realized it probably wasn't something mundane. That's the reason I'm starting this blog. I'll get more into what happened in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment