Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All Alone

Dad caught me on the couch this morning. Yesterday morning I'd set the alarm on my cell phone early enough that I got up to bed before anyone saw me down there. This morning, though, Dad must've needed to get to work early. He woke me up about five minutes before my alarm would have. This whole time I didn't know why I wasn't telling my family what I was experiencing. I guess it was just a general feeling of embarrassment, that they wouldn't understand.

And Dad came through big time. He yelled at me in a whisper so as not to wake anyone else up. He yelled that I was too old to believe in such nonsense. He yelled that I watched too many scary movies. He yelled that my friends were horrible influences on me, though to be honest I don't think he has any clue as to who my friends actually are. He finished by ordering me to my room and saying he'd talk to Mom about this.

When I got to my room, the kids greeted me with smiles before disappearing. Their knocks continued as I lay down. I was so pissed at the moment that I didn't bother setting my alarm. I figured I'd never fall asleep, though if I did, I didn't care if I missed school. Mom would probably get me up in time anyway.

Dad is a salesman, and a good one at that. I'm sure by tonight he'd sell mom, and probably my sisters, that I was making up stories. I hadn't wanted to tell anyone about the hauntings, but it was nice to know the option was there. Now it was gone. I now knew I had to go through this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment