Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Final Battle Pt. 2

The angry ghost stood over me, menace in his eyes. Before he could plunge down with his knife into my exposed back, the kids screamed from upstairs. The knocking started up again, and this time it sounded like they were using heavier objects than just their toy blocks. The ghost looked over his shoulder, and I used that to my advantage. I picked up the cutting board and scrambled to my feet. He turned back to me, and I swung the heavy wood board at him. He'd manipulated it, so it was real to him. Or at least that's what I told myself. The board went through him, but I could swear I saw him wince as it did. In any case, he disappeared.

I dropped the cutting board and gathered the three knives as I zipped upstairs. I burst into my room to see the boys lying dead on the floor. I saw no sign of the angry ghost, but I could feel in the air that he was there. Before I took another step in, I saw the blocks spelled out two words of sorts: U RITE. You're right. The last conscious thought about fighting the ghost I'd had had been with the cutting board. The kids were telling me the knives would work because the ghost had used them. I smiled and yelled something about how I was there or he was in trouble or whatever. I thought it was a witty action star thing to say, but I guess it wasn't since I don't even remember now.

The ghost appeared, and everything was over in seconds.

I flung a knife at him, and though it didn't hit him, he flinched away from it. I threw the second, and this one got him, though I believe it was a handle hit. It stunned him for a second, and I took that chance to leap at him and stab him repeatedly. It was probably the strangest sensation I've ever had: my knife went right through him, but he screamed in silent agony while silvery-red blood gushed from his shimmering body. He dropped his ghostly knife, and instead of clattering to the floor, it simply disappeared. He fell to his knees, and I took the opportunity to slit my knife across his throat. I again felt no resistance from his flesh, but the wound opened as if he had actually been cut. Instead of falling, he vanished.

It felt like a windstorm blasted through the house. It lasted less than a second and nothing but me was disturbed, but when it was done, I knew the supernatural presence in the house was gone. The kids and their blocks were nowhere to be seen, either, and though I expected to hear a goodbye knock, none came. And I haven't heard any since.

Though it's all done, I doubt ghosts are gone from my life for good. This house is now clean, and I like to think I helped send the boys to heaven or wherever you like to believe good spirits go when they pass on. The angry ghost should be in whatever hell realm exists. That thought helps me sleep at night.

So this is the last post of my blog, Weird Happenings. At least for now. And don't be afraid to keep checking here every so often. Whenever something strange in my life happens that I can't explain by normal means, I'll be sure to post here. So I guess I'll talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment